11.08.2008

Unearthed - The Cemetery Gates


Well , I'm back to plugging away at Unearthed.....just before Monster Month started, I had filmed and slightly edited the gate sequence...I'll be finishing that up and then going full-steam-ahead with the rest of the cemetery shoot...
Working on the pumpkin/mossman clip, I learned a little trick to help me with my greenscreening....I dont really have enough space to do greenscreening proper, my table/set is too close to the screen, my lighting is not consistent enough, etc. But I've discovered that I can manipulate video effects in Sony Vegas to help it out a bit....see, Vegas renders effects in the order that you stack them....so what I can do is, lay down an extremely saturated version of the clip, amp that green up as high-chroma as I can stand.....then remove the green with the chromakeyer.....then tack on another saturation effect, this time to desaturate the clip back to its original coloring....this helps me to get a more consistent "green" going, which reduces the halo and flicker on my set, yay...

1 comment:

michael said...

Thanks for the tip. Reminds me of something I do in GIMP (open-source based Photoshop-Clone) when it comes to erasing a backgound. Nearly the same trick... Ant thanks for all the information. And the blog.