11.26.2008

Unearthed - Lafayette Cemetery

I've dressed the cemetery set with the finishing touches....All I have left to do is rig the gate with a bit of wire, so Herbie can knock it over and step on and over it, and also rig the statue's severed head with a bit of wire so Herbie can roll it over (it will be lying face-down)...
Ive also decided to simplify the storyboards to save myself some time....not that Ive actually storyboarded, heh.....only in my head....but Ive changed my vision of the scene, shall we say? Originally I planned to have a handful of ghosts appear all at once....Herbie would walk through a couple of them, oblivious...(he's not very sensitive, sort of thugish, a trait I've tried to enforce with the character, his destructive nature, ie knocking the gate over or later, breaking the finger off of the statue....and....well....with the murder and all, ha)....anyways, the original plan wouldve been a nightmare to greenscreen and I need to get moving on this short so Ive re-edited in me head...now the ghosts will appear after Herbie passes their respective tombs, on the way to the path between the angels (which will have been revealed to him in the 2-D sequence which plays itself out in the book during the cafe scene)...

I sculpted a couple of name plates for the tombs, Wilcox and Legrasse, both from Lovecraft's "Call of Cthulhu", also a nod to my Monster Month characters...

The walls are recycled from the gate sequence, ditto the tree....the first ghost will appear from around this corner after Herbie has passed...

...and another will appear down this little grave's alcove....the tombstone here is a repainted action figure accessory, I think from a Buffy toy....

The path between the angel's tombs is littered with bits of the broken statue, including its missing arm....the missing wing is behind the statue in the underbrush that Herbie will pass through at the end of the shot...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

jriggity said...

Lots of progress man!

and happy turkey day to you as well.

jriggity

michael said...

Happy Turkey-Thingee Stuff Day over there !

Is this whole turkey-thingee rooted back into worhsipping something like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOj0nXpRqX8 - at least it's a bird.

Reading your blog a while without commentationg (as far as I remember) and admiring your work, man.
About the ghosts: all ghosts appearing at once might have been a little bit too much - like: and there are also ghosts. At one time. But then a lot... erm...
And wasn't it "Inspector LeGrasse" - must look up myself....anyway.

All the best !

UbaTuber said...

Welcome, Michael! :) Thanks for the comments, and yeah, I think you're right about the ghosts. A slow phantasmagoric trickle will work out better...