12.21.2008

Unearthed - Herbie 2.0

After the snow, the Lady and I took turns being extremely flu-ridden, completely miserable...I'm finally feeling better today, about 85%, and ate solid food for the first time in nearly a week (been livin on noodle soup/broth)...I did have plenty of time to watch my new DVD of Jim Henson's "Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas", which has always been my favorite "Muppet" special, and holds a very dear place in my heart...this new release has great documentary featurettes on the making-of, including segments with puppet fabbers, puppeteers, and the like....
Couple that with a special puppet project I'm working on for the Lady's X-mas gift, and I haven't had a lot of time to work on Herbie 2.0, but he is coming along...slowly but surely....
I layered his neck with lots of rubber latex for thickness to match the foam pup, and coated most of his upper chest and shoulders with latex since some of those spots show through the collar of his shirt....I'm especially happy with the hands....once I paint him, and dress him in Herbie 1.0's costume, he'll be ready for a test run on the cemetery set, probably soon after X-mas...


1 comment:

jriggity said...

Happy Holidays !!

feel better . ....and nice hands.

jriggity