12.29.2008

Unearthed - The New Herbie


Herbie 2.0 is all dressed up in OtherHerbie's clothes! He's ready for his close-up, too. All-in-all I'm happier with the new version, the Sculpey picked up more of the detail in his face than the foam latex did. I probably would've made him this way if I hadn't changed gameplans halfway through development of this short (originally "Unearthed" was to be an adaptation of an old Tales from the Crypt tale, "Only Skin Deep", which I had to ditch due to legal reasons--in the original, Herbie spent much of the story topless, so I figured foam would work out better)...anyways, the likeness between the two pups is slightly off-kilter but I dont think it'll be all that noticeable on screen considering the only real close-up of Herbie we've had so far was when he was wiping off the mime make-up....


So I'm all set to start filming the cemetery scene....I hope I can keep that same sort of melancholy/whimsy/creepiness that I think I acheived with my test months & months ago....

1 comment:

jriggity said...

Goodluck man!

jriggity