2.27.2009

A Bit About the New Series

I'm not sure exactly what to call this series of paintings, I was thinking something like "NOLA ReImagined" but I'm still tossing ideas around....I don't know, I've never actually done a series before, it may be easier to name when more paintings are done...speaking of which, I know I was on quite a roll there last week, but then I got stuck on #4, the Irish Channel Banshee....I haven't found a pose I love for the Banshee but I'm getting closer....here's what I've got so far...(background done, crowd and banshee hardly worked on)...



You may have noticed the palette? Purples, greens, and golds, the colors of Mardi Gras....with a few exceptions, like the classic red wheel of the Riverboat, I'll be adhering strictly to this palette for all of these pieces...
Here are a few of the reference photos I've used so far....

2 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

Suggestion: #4 is done. It feels complete to me.

Maybe part of your exercise is calling the pieces done before you would normally be inclined to. A faster work?

UbaTuber said...

I hear ya Shelley, and I generally have to agree that its hard for me to cut the apron strings and say "This one is DONE, woo!!"...I could toil away forever on one painting...

...but this one isn't done :)

I had a breakthrough last night with the Banshee, alls Ive got left to do is detail the crowd and I'll be working on my next painting tomorrow, possibly later tonight even...