3.22.2009

Series Title

I originally wanted to have a dozen or so of these 5x7 canvas boards painted up before shopping them to galleries, or marketing prints of them, but due to hard times (see last post) I've decided to go ahead and start making prints for sale now....I'll be setting up an Etsy.com store, and also "pitching" them to some local shops to see if anyone is interested in selling them....Ive looked into having them professionally printed, but I think to save money/increase profits, I'll be printing them myself at home using my HP 2610 and some high quality kodak matte paper...but now I need a name for the series...I want to stick a label on each one containing pertinent info, my web address, the name of the series etc....I've got it narrowed down to a few choices, the frontrunner right now is "Nola Legends" (with a tagline that reads "Rebuild. Renew. ReImagine.")....Juli likes "Tuber Tales", and thinks they could be put together in some kind of childrens book format, with little stories or poems, a la Sven's fantastic Monster Month book...anyone have any other thoughts or ideas, feel free to share!! I'll be posting more about the online shop once I've got it set up, I want to create a few small items to list as well, some fleur-de-lis merchandise and some of the Lady Julianna's jewelry....

3 comments:

people in gorillasuits said...

All the best, Mr. Tuber !

gl. said...

i think the name depends on the audience you want to attract/invest in (because selling is not just about putting stuff out there, but finding the right people who want it). if you're selling on etsy, you'd be well-served to spend time in the "communities" there, because a lot of etsy sellers buy from other active etsy sellers.

parents spend more on children than most other groups do on themselves, but their aesthetic is very particular. so they could be lucrative if you find the right thing(s) for them. but i think nola legends would have broader appeal.

erm. :) but either way, good luck!

UbaTuber said...

Thanks Gretchin, you're the best :D