4.24.2009

Unearthed - The Cemetery Gates

Finally, after about 8 months of sitting in editing limbo on my PC, here is the 'cemetery gates' sequence from "Unearthed"...sound effects were fun on this one, mostly created by me but a few downloaded from Soundsnap.com...that moon shot at the end is a stand-in, ganked from Lord of the Rings ;) until I can create or film my own such image...I had a ton of trouble compositing in the footage of my black Salvie's cute little kitty face, in the long run it would've been easier to just give the pup a face and animate it like a normal person would've...the reason I did it this way? Near the end of the short, there will be a sequence involving compositing my Lady's eyes onto a waking stone giantess (think Hera in "Clash of the Titans") and I thought it might be nice to foreshadow that technique with the cat here.....again, ended up costing me waaay too much time in post.....I'm not 100% satisfied with the results but I never am :) Time to move on, my cemetery set is getting rather dusty...


"Unearthed" - The Cemetery Gates from Ubatuber on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Sven Bonnichsen said...

AWESOME! Yay! So glad to see this!

I particularly liked the little shot of the chain falling off the door (nice use of a camera tilt!)... And Herbie looking over his shoulder as he enters the cemetary. :-D

people in gorillasuits said...

Great ! Where to start: the lightnign, the animation, the movements, the camera angles, the set...
A word about the cat's face - I was able to see realize it, when I watched it fullscreen, I got it (very low amount of CPU and RAM here...). And the fact that you used a real cat's face is just one more to add to all the love and detail you put intio this project.

UbaTuber said...

Thanks guys :D

jriggity said...

this was a great little sequence man.

jriggity