2.16.2010

Resurrecting Bacchus


I'm back!! Sorry about the huge non-posty gap but I've been busy with baby, and still unpacking the new house. This week I got most of the studio set up, almost all boxes unpacked and organized, yay! On the baby front, its been extremely tiring having a newborn in the house, but we couldn't be happier. Roman is so cute and sweet, I cant stand it...


Two little monsters...


Today is Mardi Gras here in Nola, and an especially celebratory one for the city as our Saints won the Superbowl last week :D In the spirit of the holiday, I resurrected an old unfinished pup of mine, Bacchus (search it to see some posts on the blog here from back in 2007). I'm going to try to finish him up between today and tomorrow and hopefully shoot a micro-film with him before retiring him to the annals of shadowboxy puppetdom.


6 comments:

people in gorillasuits said...

Welcome back, Uba-man !

Hey, and welcome to this world, little Roman ! I can imagine that this is one of the biggest changes in the life of people...

And a happy Mardi Gras Day thingee for you all, peoploids of the world !

The Bacchus character looks awsome (as I guess I mentioned before...), and the purple cloth in the backgound surely adds something. Where have I seen this palette of colours before.... mmmmh....

jriggity said...

Those are a couple of cool creations right there!!

jriggity

gl. said...

welcome back! it's like the ok go song: "and this will be our year; took a long time to come..."

Shelley Noble said...

Woo hoo what a cutie! And Roman's cute too! HA! Boy, is he ever! Congratulations to the Roche Clan.

emmyymme said...

Roman's adorable - congrats!

mefull said...

Cute as can be, the two little monsters shot is great.

I have to put in a photo request. Where is the shot of his fingers wrapped around your finger? The contrast in scales always gets me. Amazing!