4.11.2010

Mermold


All done with the mermaid mold...had a couple of minor issues with this one, mainly, I didn't go far enough up the arms with the clay wall so the first half of the mold didnt grip the arms as it should and they were lifting out...I put a small drop of superglue on the sculpt's hands, pressed them gently back into the mold, and then built the other half of the ultracal mold...seems to have worked alright, I've been careful to scrape the residual glue out of the mold so as to avoid any potential reactions with the baking foam...as soon as I have the time to do it, I'll be foaming up the pups....I havent decided if I'm going to try to do both at once, I have two toaster ovens but don't want to put any extra stress on the foaming process by trying to rush and do two....then again, if I do both at once, I'll be saving foam (won't have to mix up two whole batches)...
Next up, set building...

2 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

Mermold. [chortle. snicker.]

Nice to see another fishywench in the neighborhood!

gogogogo!

Art's great but send more Roman!!

UbaTuber said...

You got it, Shelley :) I just posted some of his Easter pics...