10.18.2011

Mardi Gras Marionette - The Mask



I've been working on carving the hands and feet, which is time consuming.  Periodically, I've switched over to painting the head and sculpting/embellishing the mask.  She has taken on a bird-like quality which I love, and I will be adding feathers to her gown as well.  Her mask is removable right now, but I will probably glue it down when it is done.  I've considered putting magnets on it so she can remove it during performance, but I'm not sure yet...

3 comments:

jriggity said...

Looking ood man....Feelin that Mardi Gras Flavor!!

jriggity

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here with a broad, satisfied smile and a warm feeling in my chest. This is SO your style - which I really like: the colour palette, this special green, and the gold... and the feathers are such a lovely idea. Sigh.

Lovely. Beautiful. Sweet.

M.

Were Bear Girl said...

This is really Cool Id love to be able to do stuff like that!!