7.28.2011

Walls and Weapons

Today I finished up another prop for Herbie's apartment, this will be mounted to a wall, on display, a Reaper's scythe.


Also created another wall for the apartment. I mounted a couple of sheets of scrapbook paper (a great resource for "wallpaper" of all colors and patterns),  then dry brushed a deeper red over the whole thing to sort of unify the pattern a bit and hide the seem between sheets of paper. 



The previous wall was made back in '07 I believe *sheesh* Here's an image of it...

                                                                More coming soon...

7.26.2011

Mossy/Mold Technique

Just successfully added a moss like mold to my friezes.  Alls I did was brush on some elmer's glue where I wanted mold, then stuck on a big piece of green felt flocking, let the glue dry, and peeled off the excess flocking.  I'll be using this technique a ton for Jenny G...

7.24.2011

Frieze!!



I'm going to add some green flocking in areas I think, like a covering of moss or algae.  Also gonna shatter them in places...

Swampy Inspiration

Spent some time googling Jenny reference photos today.....


7.07.2011

Unearthed - Next Scene Set Up...

Herbie enters the woods surrounding the cemetery and wanders, searching for.....something....

These scenes will be a montage of wandering, fading one shot to another.  For each, I will rearrange trees and alter lighting to make it appear as if Herbie has hiked for miles, the fading between shots meant to show passage of time.



These trees will be retired after this short, since I've used them for three shorts now (Widow, Tree Beast, not to mention a slew of Nola bits).  When it comes time for Jenny G pre-production, I will be fabricating all new shrubberies and such :)

7.04.2011

Fairy Victrola & Mezzotint - Done!

Ghostly reshoots complete, bit more fiddling with effects and editing and the scene will be done.  Fairy victrola is done, as is the mezzotint, which is a prop based on an old M.R.James short story about a haunted print. Here is a link to the tale if you are interested, it is one of my favorites.  To create the image, I scoured real estate listings for "victorian manors" until I found the right look, then tweaked the image in photoshop to get a "mezzotinty" appearance.