3.25.2015

Troll Triptych

I've been working on this oil painting for years, fiddling here and there with it, and hit a stride over the weekend.  This is the central panel in a triptych showcasing the magic of New Orleans City Park.  Other two panels (not pictured) are also a work-in-progress but getting near completion, I'd say 75% there. This is the painting that jump started my Nola Legends series.  I was so frustrated by the sheer size of this one that I decided to go uber-small for the series (2ft x 3 ft compared to 5" x 7").  I'd forgotten just how much I love working (and reworking) with oil paints, I need to do more with them...


2 comments:

Shelley Noble said...

Really nice, Jeffrey! I didn't know you also work in oils, wow.

UbaTuber said...

Thank you for the support, Shelley ❤